The traditions of Camp BB Riback are maintained and enhanced every summer by the enthusiasm and creativity of new and returning staff and campers. A role on the staff team at Camp is a great responsibility and a great opportunity. Make a difference for yourself and those you serve – A summer at Camp BB Riback is not just a summer of fun…it is a lifetime of friendships, memories, traditions and skills! Apply Today.
Examples of common positions at Camp BB-Riback include:
- Leadership Team (Manager, Assistant Director)
- Senior Staff Team – Camper Unit Coordinator
- Senior Staff Team – Specialty/Activity Area Sr. Specialist
- Bunk/Cabin Counselor
- Waterfront Specialist – Power Boat, Water Ski, Wake Board
- Canoe Specialist
- Pool Specialist
- Horseback Riding Specialist
- Altitude (High Ropes, Zip Line, Climbing Wall) Specialist
- Bikes Specialist
- Discovery (Outdoor Education/Tripping) Specialist
- Performing Arts Specialist (Musicals & Drama)
- Creative Arts Specialist (Pottery, Arts & Crafts, etc.)
- Media Specialist (Camp Photographer/Videographer, AV Specialist, etc.)
- Office & Administration
- Kitchen Staff (Chef, Assistant Cook, Kitchen help, Dishwashers)
- Camp Nurse/Medic
This form is for all applicants for Summer Staff Team 2014.
- Please read and complete this form carefully. Incomplete applications may not be processed.
- Please apply before December 15th, 2013 at the latest. Early applications are welcome and encouraged.
- Applications will be reviewed as they come in. Interviews and employment offers may take place as soon as suitable candidates are identified. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EARLY APPLICANTS WHEN POSSIBLE.
- Some positions may be filled before the application deadlines (so please apply early) and some positions may remain open past the deadlines until a suitable candidate can be found.
- We hope to have the majority of staff hired early in the New Year.
- It is important to note that ALL STAFF at Camp BB Riback are COUNSELLORS FIRST. This means that the #1 priority of all persons on the staff team are the safety, health, and happiness of our campers – regardless of the specifics of individual job descriptions. It is also possible that ANY staff member may be asked and/or required to sleep in a cabin and live with or supervise campers.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Camp BB-Riback. If you have any questions or concerns or would like to recommend candidates please contact the Camp Office.
To include a Cover Letter and/or up-to-date Resume in your application please email or fax it to the Camp Office using the information below.
**TO PRINT OR SAVE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS (optional): Each section/page must be printed or saved separately. Right click on the page and select “print”. Choose your printer (for a paper version) or select “Print to PDF” and assign a unique file name and location to save an electronic copy. Repeat this process for each page/section BEFORE clicking “continue”.
All Staff are required to have Standard First-Aid & CPR Level C Certification and a Police Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check by the start of the summer season.
First-Aid certification from internet correspondence is not accepted. Equivalence courses with practical hours of instruction may be considered. Please photocopy your certification and email or fax it to the Camp Office and contact us if you have specific questions.
Some positions may require additional or specialized certifications. CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION RELATED TO THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ARE DEFINITELY AN ASSET. All certifications related to the position applied for must be up to date and valid for the summer of 2014. CERTIFICATION BURSARIES AND/OR BONUSES MAY BE AVAILABLE.
Certifications are to be from an accredited Alberta/Canadian sanctioned organization. i.e.- Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance, National Life Saving Society, Paddle Alberta, Association of Challenge Course Technology, etc.
Camp BB Riback is a nondenominational Jewish Summer Camp and offers spiritual and cultural elements as part of its program. While we would not for example “force” staff to pray we do require all staff to attend, participate (to the degree they are comfortable), show appropriate respect and act as role models and leaders at these times. We believe in the value of a diverse community and welcome people of any spiritual/religious background to apply to join our team.
Please contact the Camp Director if you have specific questions about any of these requirements.